Zombie Engagement ShootThis took weeks to plan and hours to photograph! Preparation is everything for a FUN and CREATIVE photo shoot:) SebastianPhoto.net specializes in themed photo shoots, we are up for anything!
Preparing for YOUR Photo Session!
Every photo shoot is a unique situation, here I have listed some general guidelines in preparation of your photo session. Please feel free to ask questions prior to your shoot, I am more then willing to discuss what works best from attire, hair, makeup and location.
Being stressed out at your photo shoot does;t have to be, My team and I work really hard to create an environment wherever we are that is fun, relaxed and memorable.
Wardrobe & Accessories
1. Bring a wide variety of nicely ironed garments including dresses, suits, collared shirts, jeans, t-shirts, sweaters, under shirts, tank tops, etc. Avoid black tops if you have long, dark black hair.
2. Avoid garments with strong patterns or stripes. Solid colored garments work best for headshots, commercial work and portraits.
3. Bring a variety of accessories (e.g., earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings, belts, boots, watches, scarves, head bands, knit hats, hair clips, purses, sun glasses, etc.) and props (if applicable).
1. Moisturize your skin by drinking plenty of water up to the day of the shoot, moisturizing your skin is always benefitting.
2. Exfoliate your skin one to two times a day for 2-3 days, this is important for both men and women. Be sure to moisturize your skin after exfoliating.
3. Do not get a facial or peel within seven (7) days of the shoot as it may cause your skin to "break out".
4. Do not use any self-tanners or other tanning methods a week in advance of the shoot and avoid sunbathing for at least four days prior to your photo session.
5. Using a lip balm for an entire week before your session helps to prevent cracked chapped lips and ensures smooth lips.
6. Get plenty of rest the day before your photo session and eat a good meal before.
7. Avoid alcohol the evening and day of session so that your skin is rested and you have no puffy eyes.
8. Waxing your legs, arms upper lip and other areas should occur days prior to session to avoid irrupted skin. A fresh shave is always good before the session with a new razor blade.
1. Have your hair color touched-up no more than a week before the shoot. Remember, a hint of roots will add the appearance of depth and thickness to your hair.
2. If you color your hair blonde, avoid the "yellow blonde" by asking your colorist apply a purple toner or "glaze" after color. Purple shampoos and conditioners are also available. Shampoos and conditioners that specialize in color care will keep the brassy look out of a brunette's hair!
3. Do not apply Therasilk or other silicone based products in your hair is a hair stylist is to add curls or waves to your hair.
Eyes, lashes, brows and nails
1. Bring eye drops that moisturize and remove redness if you are experiencing any eye irritation
2. No need to wear colored contacts I can always change the color of your eyes in post production. Unless of course it's a themed photo shoot and in that case bring them along!
3. Have your eye brows shaped and plucked a couple of days before the shoot.
6. Be sure your manicure is fresh and color appropriate for the photo session, we will not fix chipped nail polish.
1. We recommend that you bring your favorite beverage and a light snack.
2. Bring along photos from magazines that you like to give a sense of your style and a good idea of the look and feel of the photos you would like to create.
Practice makes perfect
Practice expressions in a mirror. Eventually you will create muscle memory and you'll know how a good expression feels. Practice smiling with your eyes. It will help create a genuine and friendly expression.